Members are encouraged to subscribe to and read the MSLA listserv, powered through Yahoo! Groups
MSLA Listserv Guidelines
Leigh Barnes, moderator
For help with your subscription, contact
is a private listserv for members of the Massachusetts School Library Association.
All members are automatically subscribed when first joining MSLA or renewing membership in the association. The listserv allows the executive board to communicate with the membership in a timely manner. It also allows our members to seek assistance and share information with colleagues in school libraries throughout the state.
Messages that do not adhere to any of the guidelines are subject to rejection. This
- Email list membership is restricted to current MSLA members.
- Discussion is limited to professional matters concerning school library programs.
- All messages require the moderator’s approval. The moderator will reject messages that do not contribute new information to a topic.
- The moderator will reject messages that do not relate to school library programs.
- Reply to the message’s original poster, not to the entire list.
- If requested, original posters should compile responses and repost them to the list.
- Advertising is prohibited.
- Please identify yourself when posting a message by listing your name, school name, location (city), and email address.
is to save us all from receiving too many unnecessary, redundant, or irrelevant
To subscribe to the listserv, send an email message to
To start sending messages to members of this group, simply send email to:
If you do not wish to belong to the MSLA listserv, you may unsubscribe by sending an email to
You may also visit the Yahoo! Groups web site to modify your subscriptions: http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
You may search the MSLA listserv archives at the Yahoo! Groups web site:
1. Login to your account by clicking on "Sign In." If you do not have an account, click on "Sign Up" enter your name, select a password.
2. Click on "Messages" in the left-hand menu.
3. Enter the terms you are looking for in the "Search" box and click the "Search" button.
4. For more options, click on "Advanced" to narrow the date range or search specific fields.
Choose from these options for message delivery from the MSLA listserv:
Messages are delivered one at a time to your email inbox. This is the best option if you want to keep up on the latest posts immediately. Email attachments, if included in a message and allowed by your moderator, will be sent directly to you.
Messages are delivered in batches of 25 or daily, whichever comes sooner. This is the best option if you want to receive fewer mail messages and don't need up-to-the minute posts in your inbox. Email attachments are not available in digests.
Only Special Announcements
This means you will receive email messages only when the group moderator posts a "Special Announcement" message. This is a good option if you want to pass on day-to-day discussion for very busy groups but do want to receive important updates from the group moderator. Keep in mind that usage by each moderator will vary. (The moderator may choose to never use this feature, in which case you would never receive email messages, or may choose to use it frequently.)
No Mail / Web Only
This option puts email message delivery on hold, for example while you are on vacation. If message archives are available, this option also permits you to read messages at the Yahoo! Groups web site. Note that message archive options are determined by each moderator, and that some groups have no web message archives.
To set any of these options, go to My Groups and choose from the drop-down list of message delivery options for your group.