Members are encouraged to subscribe to and read the MSLAmembers email list, powered through Yahoo! Groups
is a private email list for members of the Massachusetts School Library Association.
Leigh Barnes, moderator
For help with your subscription, contact
All members are invited to subscribe to the MSLAmembers email list when they first join MSLA or renew a lapsed membership. Members receive an invitation from Yahoo Groups to join the list, and must reply to that email to activate the subscription. Alternatively, a subscription to the list can be requested by sending a blank email message to
Members are removed from the list when their MSLA membership has lapsed.
The email list allows our members to seek assistance and share information with colleagues in school libraries across the state.
- Email list membership is restricted to current MSLA members.
- Discussion is limited to professional matters concerning school library media programs.
- All messages require the moderator’s approval.
- The moderator will reject messages that do not relate to school library media programs.
- Reply to the message’s original poster, not to the entire list.
- Original posters should compile responses and repost them to the list.
- Advertising is prohibited.
- - Please identify yourself when posting a message by listing your name, school name, location (city), and email address.
To send messages to members of this list, simply send an email message to
If you do not wish to belong to the MSLAmembers list, you may unsubscribe by sending an email to
You may visit the Yahoo! Groups web site to modify your subscription to receive messages in a daily digest or to set your subscription to “no mail”: http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
You may search the MSLA listserv archives at the Yahoo! Groups web site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MSLAmembers
1. Login to your Yahoo Groups account by clicking on "Sign In." If you do not have a Yahoo Groups account, click on "Sign Up" enter your name, select a password.
2. Click on "Messages" in the left-hand menu.
3. Enter the terms you are looking for in the "Search" box and click the "Search" button.
4. For more options, click on "Advanced" to narrow the date range or search specific fields.
Choose from these options for message delivery from the MSLA listserv:
Messages are delivered one at a time to your email inbox. This is the best option if you want to keep up on the latest posts immediately. Email attachments, if included in a message and allowed by your moderator, will be sent directly to you.
Messages are delivered in batches of 25 or daily, whichever comes sooner. This is the best option if you want to receive fewer mail messages and don't need up-to-the minute posts in your inbox. Email attachments are not available in digests.
No Mail / Web Only
This option puts email message delivery on hold, for example while you are on vacation. If message archives are available, this option also permits you to read messages at the Yahoo! Groups web site. Note that message archive options are determined by each moderator, and that some groups have no web message archives.
To set any of these options, go to My Groups and choose from the drop-down list of message delivery options for your group.