by Laura Beals D’Elia
The Library Gadget 3000 Commercial:
and Librarian Collaboration
Every school librarian knows that collaborating with teachers in the classroom to teach information literacy skills results in increased student achievement.
Unfortunately, some teachers are not aware of all that we can do for them. When we have limited time to meet with teachers, how can we educate them as to the many ways a school librarian can help design curriculum and teach information literacy skills?
The Library Gadget 3000 is the answer!
Using the Swiss Army knife as a metaphor, this is a four minute commercial parody that explains the different roles school librarians have when collaborating with classroom teachers.
See it online at: http://library.fayschool.org/Pages/lg3000.htm
How was The Library Gadget 3000 commercial created?
- Digital photos were taken of teachers with a sense of humor
- Screenshots were captured using Jing.
- Both were inserted into a PowerPoint presentation.
- PowerPoint slides were saved as jpeg’s then uploaded to GoAnimate.
- Audio was recorded using Audacity then uploaded to GoAnimate.
- The rest of the commercial was created in GoAnimate.
Laura Beals D’Elia is Librarian at the Fay School, Southborough MA
MSLA members have permission to copy, distribute, transmit or adapt this work as long as you give credit to the creator, do not use it for commercial purposed and use the same or similar license as the original.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 18 January 2009 )